A Hunter Valley Farm Wedding | Knoxville, Tennessee | Carly & Alex
Carly and Alex had the sweetest summer wedding at the Pavilion at Hunter Valley Farm in Knoxville, Tennessee. The ceremony was held in a small amphitheater overlooking the river, and the stands were absolutely packed with Carly and Alex’s family and friends. I’ve known Carly for years, and it was so special to be able to celebrate with her and her family. From senior pictures to proposal, then to engagement photos and wedding. Truly it is such an honor to share these moments with friends. I asked Carly a few questions about the wedding day, along with a few of my favorite photos and some advice from Carly for future brides!
Venue: The Pavilion at Hunter Valley Farm | Dress: Loveliest Bridal | Shoes: Bella Belle | Bridesmaid Dresses: Azazie | Flowers and Cake Decor: Swank Floral | Grooms Suit: John H Daniel | Groomsmen: Joseph A Banks | DJ: Ogle Entertainment
Planning a wedding of your own? Click here to reach out and say hello!
What was your favorite part of the day?
- “the first look for sure :) I woke up that morning so excited to see him. Anxiously waited through all those hours leading up to it. When I saw him, it made everything feel real and perfect. I am so glad we wrote each other letters, because all I could do in that moment was smile. We wrote about the same things in our letters to each other which made it even sweeter. We both mentioned our hug after our first date (something we haven't ever talked about)!
- alsooo my favorite parts was the slow morning with my bridesmaids and my mom. It was such a calming a peaceful way to start the day. Eating, laughing, and dancing with each other like we always do :)”
What’s one word you would use to describe your wedding day?
- “gosh this is hard. I wish there was a word that could encompass all my feelings that day. That day made everything feel so "right". It was one of those times where God lets you in on His plan for you, which felt so special. Maybe "special". Maybes "joyful"...my heart felt like it was bursting out of my chest the whole day. We wanted the day to also be a "thank you" celebration to everyone who played a part in our lives, so I hope that’s what they felt!”
Do you have any advice for future brides?
“Advice for future brides:
- All the planning for one day can get overwhelming. However, I encourage brides to take a step back and look past the wedding day and continue to deepen and grow your relationship with your husbands. Don't let the wedding consume all of your conversations and time together. Because the best part is, is that the one day is just the beginning.
- also the morning of my wedding was so special to me to be able to spend it with my mom and bridesmaids. I loved that we had the time to just sit and be with each other. It forced me (in the best way possible) to take it all in before the celebrations began. I encourage other brides to make that morning special to them.”
If you missed it, see Carly and Alex’s riverfront proposal!